Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do I have to live in the watershed or near the creek to be a member/board
- Nope, our group is against geographical discrimination.
Do you rent out canoes?
- No, we don't have any gear.
I heard you do trout stocking. Can you tell me where to fish?
- Ha! You wish! You'll have to come out and help us trout stocking to
find out where all those fish went!
What parts of Nine Mile can I canoe/kayak on?
- Technically, from the Martisco railroad bridge on the border of the towns
of Marcellus and Camillus, and downstream is navigable, but practically the
highest you should put in is at Munro Park in the
Village of Camillus.
What parts of Nine Mile can I fish in?
- All parts of the Creek (where there is public access) provide fishing action,
if you are fishing for trout in particular the best spots are downstream of Marcellus
Falls, where there is a large influx of cold groundwater. See the
fishing page for more details